CBAA has a rich history. Our success is due in part by the many hours ordinary people have dedicated to the betterment of the California Bail Industry. With a few hours each month you too can make a difference. Become part of the solution today.
Membership is a basic and critical component to CBAA success
Becoming a member is one of the simplest ways to become involved. CBAA Members have access to a wealth of information regarding California's bail industry. You can learn more about membership here. You can also join as a member using our online membership form here.
California's bail industry is currently facing serious challenges. There are several movements afoot that jeopardize this industry. CBAA is working with Golden State Bail Association as well as legislative leaders and others to ensure California's bail economy, justice, and the preservation of the 8th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
board and committies
CBAA Needs You! If you are willing to commit your time and energy to the betterment of CBAA and our industry, please contact us. Whether your interest are serving on a committee or serving as a board member, your inquiry and participation is certainly welcome.
• Bail in California would be very different without the influence of the CBAA's legislative advocacy
• Requiring courts to automatically exonerate bonds when a defendant is surrendered
• Limiting the amount upon which the court can file a summary judgment for court costs
• All felony warrants to be entered into NCIC
• Allowing the release of criminal information to bail agents
• Quarterly Board meetings
• Annual Conference & Awards Dinner
• Local, statewide and national networking
• Discounted Business Services
• Annual Convention
CBAA continues to represent its members before governmental bodies, including the California Department of Insurance (CDI), your licensing authority. Because of the diligent efforts of your CBAA Board, the laws of California are the most bail-friendly in the nation. Your membership is vital to continue these efforts.
Valuable Source of Information
CBAA is a valuable source of information pertaining to the bail industry. As a member you will have access to information that will assist you with questions pertaining to your business and profession.
The California Department of Insurance has recently changed the Bail Industry's licensing duration and continuing educaion requirements.
CBAA News: Receive news and updates throughout the year. CBAA offers a legislative watch. You can sign up for this by sending us a note. As a member you will receive updated information as it happens
• Twenty license renewal classes each year
• 6 pre-licensing classes each year (pend)
• Jail manager's seminars
• Law enforcement education
• Special topic seminars