Fugitive Recovery Persons Act
PC § 1299
As of 2013 the fugitive recovery act has undergone changes from the prior statute that sunsetted in 2010. To read the acutal code click here.
The state of California does not issue bounty hunter licenses. Rather, there arer qualifications and training requirements:
Below is a list of requirements:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
2. NO Felony convictions or if you do, you must have a Bail Agents Lic.
3. Comply with the training requirements of PC 1299.
1. Must take and complete a 20 hour bail education course (classroom training).
2. Complete a 40 hour Powers of Arrest certified by P.O.S.T.